Hosted by The Clearing, Inc.
1250 Connecticut Avenue NW.
Washington, DC. 20036
I'm very pleased to announce the launch of Think With Ink, Lizard Brain Solutions' 3-day flagship graphic facilitation training. Limited to 16 learners, this is an intensive workshop that covers the essentials of using visuals to facilitate a group process. The workshop covers three areas:
1. Technique: Markers, paper handling, color use, lettering, drawing, forms, levels of information, listening for synthesis.
2. Models, Methods, and Tools: visual energizers and icebreakers, meeting principles and ground rules, and visual tools for brainstorming ideas, comparing ideas, and collaboratively deciding the way forward.
3. Experiential Practice: hands-on exercises with an experienced graphic facilitator.
This workshop is meant for:
- The facilitator who wants to build a repertoire of visual tools,
- The graphic recorder or sketchnoter who wants to expand into graphic facilitation,
- The team member who wants to bring visual, participatory methods to the team,
- The consultant who wants to help clients think through problems in a visual manner, or
- The visual thinker, the whiteboard salesman, the data visualizer, or anyone that sits in the intersection of visuals and helping others solve problems.
You will receive:
- Book, Graphic Facilitation (includes DVD)
- Book, Fundamentals of Graphic Language
- Set of 8 Charters® Markers
- Roll of twenty-five-yard paper
- 5 pads of large yellow sticky notes
This hands-on, practice-driven workshop will give you everything you need to graphically facilitate groups through the toughest challenges.
To register and learn more, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/think-with-ink-graphic-facilitation-workshop-tickets-32108516437
Other training and workshops, available by request
Think With Ink: Graphic Facilitation Workshop
- A three-day workshop intensive workshop on using visuals to facilitate groups. Topics cover: Technique: Markers, paper handling, color use, lettering, seed shapes, visual vocabulary, forms and layout, levels of information, listening for synthesis. Models, Methods, and Tools: visual energizers and icebreakers, meeting principles and ground rules, and visual tools for brainstorming ideas, comparing ideas, and collaboratively deciding the way forward. Experiential Practice: hands-on exercises with an experienced graphic facilitator.
- For more information about Think With Ink, click here.
The Facilitator's Toolkit
- A one-day intensive training on tools and techniques for facilitation. Topics cover: a framework for facilitation design, energizers and icebreakers, meeting principles and ground rules, and activities for brainstorming ideas, assessing ideas, and deciding on ideas, and open-ended questions.
Facilitation Skills for Leaders
- A half-day workshop for leaders wanting to create more facilitative, participatory, energizing meetings. Topics are specifically geared towards leaders of teams, and cover a framework for facilitation design, activities for brainstorming ideas, assessing ideas, and deciding on ideas, and open-ended questions.
- A two-hour workshop on tools and techniques for facilitating high-conflict groups and dealing with disruptive behaviors. Topics cover: personality typewatching, seeing through disruptive behavior, group coaching, mindfulness, open-ended questions, facilitation aikido, and activities to unstick groups.
Drawing for Facilitation
- A half-day training for facilitators wanting to add visuals to their charts. Topics cover: marker tips, color use, basic lettering, seed shapes, visual vocabulary, graphic jam, and practice graphic recording.
- To see more information from a past session of Drawing for Facilitation, click here.
See Your Ideas: Designing Vision Maps
- A full-day training on designing vision maps: rich illustrations that tell a story. They describe complex future states, current operating environments, or plans or proposals on a single placemat-sized sheet of paper. Vision maps synthesize or replace lengthy documents and invite communication between the presenter and audience. Topics cover: gathering information, visual triage, storytelling, thumbnail design, metaphor and layout, visual vocabulary, and record and replay.
- To see more information from a past session of See Your Ideas, click here.
Visual Templates for Facilitation
- A half-day training for facilitators on designing visual templates. Visual templates help structure conversations and gather ideas from groups of any size. Topics cover: design, containers, layout, icons, thumbnail sketches, facilitation planning, production and printing, and examples and resources.
- To see more information from a past session of Visual Templates for Facilitation, click here.
Mindmapping for Facilitation
- A two-hour workshop on mindmapping. Mindmapping is a radial network diagram commonly used to brainstorm and capture ideas. This workshop covers methods for using mindmaps in a group context. It also includes methods for using mindmaps to refine ideas and decide the way ahead.